Fire Mate Intumescent Sealant
Fire Mate Sealant is an intumescent acrylic sealant that swells when exposed to temperatures in excess of 125°C to prevent the passage of fire and smoke and has a fire rating of up to 5 hours in certain joint configurations.
- Fire rated to EN1366-4 (2006). Acoustic rates to BS EN ISO 140/3
- Tested for air permeability to EN13141-1
- Swells more than 150% of its original size when exposed to heat
- No priming required for most construction substrates
- Permanently flexible
- Excellent acoustic properties
- Easy to apply and tool off
- Fast cure – tack free in 15 minutes
Areas for use;
Sealing joints, voids and irregular holes in fire walls, partitions and other structures; also for maintaining the integrity of pipes and cables that penetrate them.
For internal perimeter pointing of fire rated door and window frames.
Colour: White,Brown & Grey