Rust Activator Solution Artisan Range from Craig & Rose
Rust Activator creates the look of rusted iron, when applied over the top of Craig & Rose Artisan Rust Effect.
The look is perfect for feature walls to make a statement but it can also be used on other surfaces such as home accessories. This is a two-step system using the Rust Effect and the Rust Activator Solution and provides an achievable way to create a stylish industrial feel in any home. Our Rust effect is now conveniently available in a 2.5L tin as well as 125ml, 250ml, and 750ml.
PRODUCTS YOU WILL NEED
- Craig & Rose Artisan Rust Effect base paint
- Craig & Rose Rust Effect Activator
- Quality masking tape
- A paint stirrer
- A dust sheet
- Dust mask and goggles
- 2 paint brushes (1 wide, 1 normal)
- It is advisable to read the entire paint label, prior to starting your project. Surface preparation advice is provided on the labels.
- The surface you are painting must be clean, dry and free from dust, oils, and grease.
- Mask off the area with painter’s tape – ensuring you protect the areas where you don’t want any paint.
- Practice your application technique on a spare piece of board.
- Stir the paint well with a paint stirrer using an up and down, scooping action. Scrape the bottom of the can to ensure the particles are evenly distributed.
- Pour the paint into a separate tub
- Brush around the edges of the wall
- Apply the first two coats of Craig & Rose Artisan Rust Effect with a wide brush.
- Rust effect works best when applied in random brush strokes.
- Allow the first coat to dry and then apply a second coat of Rust Effect using the same method.
- Let the surface dry for 12 hours.
- The next step is to apply the Rust Activator Solution. Wear a mask and goggles for this stage.
- Pour the Rust Activator Solution into a separate tub.
- Using a brush, apply 2 coats of Craig & Rose Artisan Rust Activator over the dry Rust Effect.
- The effect will begin to develop immediately and will continue developing.
- If you wish, you can seal the surface to ensure no residue comes away from the wall by using Craig & Rose Furniture and Effect Wax
- Do not roll or spray, use brushed for this effect.
- On exterior surfaces, the rust effect will continue to develop over time.
- Please note that if you chose to use a wax to seal the wall after application, this will change the finished effect.
CLEANING UP AND CARING FOR YOUR EFFECT
- On exterior surfaces the rust effect will continue to develop over time.
- Rust residue may rub off when touched.
- Rust run-off may stain adjacent surfaces. To avoid rub-off and run-off, apply a clear sealer. Note that a clear coat will change the appearance of the rust effect.
- Clean brushes and equipment with warm soapy water.